A super yacht is a large, luxury yacht that is more than 24 metres and professionally crewed. The number of these enormous yachts has increased dramatically in the last two decades. Premier Ship Models creates custom superyacht models for individuals and organizations who wish to have a model of their own ship and admirers of the most expensive super yachts in the world.
Embed This Image On Your Site (copy code below):
Top 10 Most Expensive Super Yachts in the World
- History Supreme – This is the most expensive yacht in the world. The vessel is owned by Robert Kuok, the richest man in Malaysia and was designed by renowned UK luxury designer, Stuart Hughes. History Supreme is 100 feet long and 10,0000 kilograms of solid gold and platinum were used in the design, which took three years to build.
- Eclipse – The second largest super yacht in the world is owned by Russian Billionaire Roman Abramovich. Eclipse is 533 feet long and features a mini-submarine that is capable of submerging up to 50 metres below the surface of the water.
- Street of Monaco – This 500 feet long superyacht is the third most expensive in the world and one of the landmarks of Monaco, like Monte Carlo Casino. The vessel can be described as a floating city and features Hotel de Paris, Ca Rascasse, and a beach like swimming pool.
- Azzam – This super yacht is owned by Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, a member of the royal family of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Azzam is 590 feet long and has a speed of 35 kmph, which is said to be among the fastest. The ship features two gas turbines and two diesel engines providing 35048 kW of power, making high speed travel on both warm and shallow water possible.
- Motor Yacht A – Russian tycoon Andrey Melnichenko, is the owner of this luxury super yacht. The vessel was designed by Philippe Stark and constructed by architect Martin Francis. The 24,000 sq. ft. interior of the 400 foot long yacht features a 2,500 sq. ft.
- Dubai – This yacht is owned by UAE royal family member, Sheik Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum. The 531 feet long vessel was built by Blohm and Voss with exteriors designed by Andrew Winch and interiors by Platinum Yachts.
- Al Said – This yacht is rumored to be owned by Sultan Qaboos of the royal family of Oman. The 508.53feet long Al Said is reportedly the world’s highest displacement superyacht with a displacement of 15,850 tons and a speed of 47 kmph.
- Dilbar – This superyacht was built at the German Lurssen Shipyard for Russian billionaire Alisher Usmanov. The yacht features two helipads and 3,800 square metres of living space, which can host 40 guests and more than 80 crew members.
- Al Mirqab – Hamad bin Jassim bin Jaber Al Thani, former Prime Minister of Qatar, is the owner of Al Mirqab. The 436.35 feet long ship was the winner of the Motor Yacht of the Year award in 2009. The super yacht was designed by Andrew Winch, the architect is Tim Heywood, and built in Germany by Peters Schiffban.
- Lady Moura – This yacht is rumored to be owned by billionaire businessman, Nasser Al Rashid, from Saudi Arabia. Lady Moura was built in Germany by Blohm and Voss. The yacht is plated with gold and features 24 carat gold lettering with the name of the yacht on the exterior. It can accommodate up to 30 guests and 60 crew members.